- 2013 ANNUAL MEETING
- Abstract Submissions Guidelines
- Author Presentation Instructions
- Brown Bag Special Interest Groups
- Call for Applications SPR Sloboda and Bukoski Cup
- Call for Papers
- Call for Posters NIDA Int’l Poster Session
- Call for Preconference Workshop Proposals
- ECPN Events
- Exhibits and Advertising
- Hotel Accomodations
- International Focused Events
- Keynote Speaker and Awards Presentations
- Meeting Highlights
- Plenary Sessions
- Pre-Conference Workshops and International Networking Forum
- Presidential Address
- Program Schedule
- Registration Information
- Travel Awards
- CONTACT US
Brown Bag Special Interest Groups
The Society for Prevention Research 21st Annual Meeting, “The Science of Prevention: Building a Comprehensive National Strategy for Well-Being,” will take place May 28 – May 31, 2013 in San Francisco, CA.
The SPR Program Planning Committee is offering, for the second year, the “Brown Bag” Special Interest Groups (SIG), and we invite members to chair and convene a SIG. The purpose of the “Brown Bag” SIGs is to facilitate networking opportunities of conference attendees who would like to discuss in greater depth a specific prevention research, policy, or practice topic. The “Brown Bag” SIG convener is expected to be in attendance and facilitate the meeting, which would be open to all interested SPR conference attendees. The “Brown Bag” SIG can be formal with a planned agenda or informal depending upon the convener and the participants.
“Brown Bag” Special Interest Groups (SIGs) Meeting Schedule at the SPR 2013 Meeting:
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 http://spr.confex.com/spr/SPR2013/webprogram/Session6355.html
Thursday, May 30, 2013 http://spr.confex.com/spr/SPR2013/webprogram/Session6356.html
“Brown Bag” SIGs from 2012 included:
- Place-based Prevention Research
- Building Optimized Prevention Interventions
- HHS Teen Pregnancy Prevention Implementation Conceptual Framework
- Prevention Without Borders: The Cross-National Generalizability of Etiologic Models and Evidence-based Interventions
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Dissemination and Implementation
- Scaling-up Prevention at a State Level: Developing Policy and Research Infrastructure
- Selective Family Prevention Programs
- American Indian and Alaska Native Prevention Research
- The Development and Use of Data Dashboards for Prevention Implementation
- Finding Balance Between Evidence-based “Menus” and Commonly-Accepted Practice
- Universal Parent Support as Prevention
- Research on the Prevention of Bullying
- Prevention Efficiency Planning and Research
- Using Partnership-based Approaches to Prevention Programming.
Conveners may request a repeat of a 2012 SIG or request a new SIG. After the requests for SIGs have been received and confirmed, SPR will circulate the list to the conference attendees who may sign up in advance, although advance registration is not required. SPR will coordinate the meeting space and time and approximately two weeks in advance of the meeting will provide the convener with the list of attendees who have signed up in advance. Deadline to submit SIG requests has passed (deadline was February 15).
The “Brown Bag” SIGs will be scheduled for Wednesday, May 29 or Thursday, May 30, 2013 from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, which is during the lunch break (11:45 am – 1:15 pm). Participants would purchase a lunch in the hotel or from one of the lunch spots nearby the hotel and bring it with them to the meeting. Meeting space is limited. We will confirm your request via e-mail by mid-March 2013. If the number of requests exceeds space limitations, the SPR Program Planning Committee will prioritize decisions based on representing a diversity of SIGs to best capture the interests of the membership. Confirmed “Brown Bag” SIGs will be listed in the conference program, which will indicate the date, time, convener, and meeting room assignment.
If you have any questions about “Brown Bag” SIG meetings, please contact Jennifer Lewis, Executive Director, at either firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-934-4850, ext. 213.