- 2016 ANNUAL MEETING
- 2016 Conference App
- 2016 SPR/ECPN Frequently Asked Questions
- Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Brown Bag Special Interest Groups
- Call for Applications SPR Sloboda and Bukoski Cup
- Call for Papers
- Call for Posters NIDA Int’l Poster Session
- Call for Preconference Workshop Proposals
- Childcare Services
- DNC Events
- ECPN Events
- ePoster Forum Presentation Instructions
- Exhibits and Advertising
- Hotel Reservations
- International Focused Events
- Keynote Address
- Meeting Highlights
- Plenary Sessions
- Pre-Conference Workshops, International Networking Forum, Evening Poster Session, NIDA International Poster Session, and Opening Reception
- Presenter Instructions
- Presidential Address
- Program Schedule at-a-Glance
- Registration Information
- Travel Awards
- CONTACT US
Call for Posters NIDA Int’l Poster Session
Society for Prevention Research │ 24th Annual Meeting
Using Prevention Science to Promote
Health Equity and Improve Well-being
May 31 – June 3, 2016 │ Hyatt Regency San Francisco │ San Francisco, CA
Pre-Conference Workshops May 31, 2016
Submission deadline: Friday, October 30, 2015
The International Program and Division of Epidemiology, Services and Prevention Research of the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) will host the 9th Annual NIDA International SPR Poster Session at the SPR 24th Annual Meeting in San Francisco, California, May 31–June 3, 2016. The poster session will take place in conjunction with the SPR opening reception, following the preconference workshops on May 31, 2016. Posters should highlight drug and/or alcohol use prevention research, including research on drug/alcohol-related HIV/AIDS prevention. We seek variation in study designs, focus (e.g., formative work, outcome, implementation science) populations, and data types (e.g., quantitative, qualitative or mixed methods approaches; program data, surveillance data, observational research, clinical trial data). Abstracts should include completed analyses. “Findings to be presented” abstracts will not be considered. Eligible research must have been conducted in international settings by international researchers, domestic researchers, or binational research teams.
Poster abstract submissions for the NIDA International SPR Poster Session will undergo the same peer review process as other submissions for SPR. If you have questions about your eligibility to submit a poster abstract for the NIDA International SPR Poster Session, please contact Richard Jenkins, Ph.D., Prevention Research Branch, NIDA, at email@example.com, or Dale Weiss, NIDA International Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Travel Awards for the NIDA International SPR Poster Session
A limited number of travel awards will be available for international researchers whose abstracts have been accepted for presentation at the 2016 NIDA International SPR Poster Session. The awards, which are sponsored by NIDA, provide partial support to cover costs associated with attending the 2016 NIDA International SPR Poster Session and the full SPR meeting.
To be eligible, applicants for these awards must:
- Use the SPR online registration system to submit a poster abstract that is accepted for presentation at the NIDA International SPR Poster
- Register for and participate in the full SPR m
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than the United
- Be the first author of the submitted poster abstract (also refer to Binational Research Teams) or
- If the primary abstract author is a U.S. citizen and part of a binational research team (and thus ineligible for a travel award), the research team may nominate one of the foreign abstract authors who is part of the foreign investigative team for a travel award. The foreign abstract author must be a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than the United States and both the S. primary author and the foreign author must intend to participate fully in the NIDA International SPR Poster Session and the full SPR meeting.
When travel award selections are made, priority will be given to applicants who are:
- drug and/or alcohol use prevention and/or drug/alcohol-related HIV/AIDS prevention researchers supported by NIDA
- Alumni of NIDA-supported research training or exchange programs
- Citizens or permanent residents of low- and middle-income countries (as identified by the World Bank’s most current Classification of Economies).
Note: Applicants may not have received travel support from the NIDA International Program between July 1, 2015, and June 30, 2016.
International travel award amounts are based on an applicant’s residency:
North America (non-U.S. citizens) $500USD
Outside of North America $1,000USD
Applicants who accept a travel award to participate in the 2016 NIDA International SPR Poster Session will not be eligible to receive a travel award for the 2016 NIDA International Forum at the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) Conference; however, applicants are encouraged to participate in both the NIDA International SPR Poster Session and the NIDA International Forum.
All abstracts must be submitted online at www.preventionresearch.org.
Deadline for Submission: October 30, 2015
For questions regarding online abstract submission, the peer review process, or other details regarding the SPR Annual Meeting, please contact Jennifer Lewis by telephone at +1-703-934-4850, ext. 213 or by email at email@example.com.