- 2017 ANNUAL MEETING
- 2017 Conference App
- 2017 SPR/ECPN Frequently Asked Questions
- Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Brown Bag Special Interest Groups
- Call for Applications SPR Sloboda and Bukoski Cup
- Call for Papers
- Call for Posters NIDA Int’l Poster Session
- Call for Preconference Workshop Proposals
- Childcare Services
- DNC Events
- ECPN Events
- ePoster Forum Presentation Instructions
- Exhibits and Advertising
- Hotel Reservations
- International Focused Events
- Keynote Address
- Meeting Highlights
- Plenary Sessions
- Pre-Conference Workshops, International Networking Forum, Evening Poster Session, NIDA International Poster Session, and Opening Reception
- Presenter Instructions
- Presidential Address
- Registration Information
- Schedule at-a-Glance
- Travel Awards
- CONTACT US
Brown Bag Special Interest Groups
SPR 25th ANNUAL MEETING CALL FOR “BROWN BAG” SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
The Society for Prevention Research 25thAnnual Meeting, “Prevention and Public Systems of Care: Research, Policy and Practice,” will take place May 30-June 2, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency Washington, Washington, DC.
The SPR Program Planning Committee is offering the “Brown Bag” Special Interest Groups (SIGs), and we invite members to convene and chair a SIG. The purpose of the “Brown Bag” SIGs is to facilitate networking opportunities of conference attendees who would like to discuss in greater depth a specific prevention research, policy, or practice topic. The “Brown Bag” SIG convener(s) is expected to be in attendance and facilitate the meeting, which would be open to all interested SPR conference attendees. The “Brown Bag” SIG can be formal with a planned agenda or informal depending upon the convener(s) and the participants.
To submit your Brown Bag SIG requests, go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SPRBBSIG17.
Please note the deadline for Brown Bag SIG requests is Monday, February 20, 2017.
“Brown Bag” SIGs from 2016 included:
• Grading the Evidence of Complex Interventions
• Improving the Use of Research Evidence
• Prevention Research Among American Indians and Alaska Natives
• Optimizing Preventive Interventions
• Personalizing Preventive Interventions: Challenges and Opportunities
• Unleashing the Power of Prevention
• Developmental Neuroscience and Adolescent Sexual Health Interventions
• Diversity Network Committee
• Funding Opportunities for Prevention Scientists at the U.S. Department of Education’s Institute of Education Sciences (IES): Bringing Prevention Science Ideas to Education Research
• Implementing and Assessing Social Emotional Learning in Schools
• Prevention Research with Foster Care & Juvenile System Involved Youth
• Social Media and Communications
• Healthy Parenting in Primary Care
Conveners may request a repeat of a 2016 SIG or request a new SIG. SPR will coordinate the meeting space and time. Deadline to submit SIG requests is Monday, February 20, 2017.
The “Brown Bag” SIGs will be scheduled for Wednesday, May 31 or Thursday, June 1, 2017, from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, which is during the lunch break (11:45 am – 1:15 pm). Participants would purchase a lunch in the hotel or from one of the lunch spots nearby the hotel and bring it with them to the meeting. Meeting space is limited. We will confirm your request via e-mail by February 28, 2017. If the number of requests exceeds space limitations, the SPR Program Planning Committee will prioritize decisions based on representing a diversity of SIGs to best capture the interests of the membership. Confirmed “Brown Bag” SIGs will be listed in the conference program, which will indicate the date, time, convener(s), and meeting room assignment.
If you have any questions about “Brown Bag” SIG meetings, please contact Jennifer Lewis, Executive Director, at either email@example.com or call 703-934-4850, ext. 213.