BENEFITS AND RATES
BENEFITS AND RATES
What are the benefits of SPR Membership?
- SPR annual meeting:Enjoy member rates to attend the SPR annual meeting and pre-conference workshops. The annual meeting provides a great opportunity to increase communication between scientists, public policy leaders and practitioners concerning the design and implementation of evidence-based preventive interventions aimed at reducing crime and other public health concerns.
- Prevention Science journal: Print subscription and online access to Prevention Science, SPR’s official publication. This is an outstanding interdisciplinary forum for reporting new developments in the theory, research and prevention practice. Eight issues per year, impact factor = 2.9.
- Opportunities for Collaboration and Professional Engagement – Enjoy networking and building partnerships that will advance your research and practice, especially through SPR’s active Diversity Network Committee, International Committee, and Early Career Preventionist Network.
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities: Add volunteerism and leadership skills to your resume by serving on committees and running for Board membership and office.
- Networking, collaboration and contact through the online member directory (pending), Facebook, Twitter and listserv: Quick and easy ways to locate colleagues, communicate online, and share your name and expertise with others in the field.
Annual Membership Dues (for New and Renewing Members)
|Regular Member, ONE YEAR, 01/01/2017 – 12/31/2017||$170|
|New Professional Member, ONE YEAR, 01/01/2017- 12/31/2017 (This category includes those who have received their degree within the past three years.)||$95|
|Student Member, ONE YEAR, 01/01/2017 – 12/31/2017 (Includes students and post-doctoral fellows)||$75|
Membership Career Level Guidelines
– Student (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD, Post-Doc Fellow)
– First Year Professional
– Early Career (Assistant Professor, Assistant Research Scientist or Equivalent; 1 – 10 years post degree)
– Mid Career (Associate Professor, Associate Research Scientist or Equivalent; 10 – 20 years post degree)
– Senior Career (Professor, Research Scientist or Equivalent; 20 years plus)
– Other (specify) –including change of career
Online Application and Renewals
If you have any questions about membership, Please contact the SPR Administrative Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 703-934-4850 ext. 218 (DeeJay Garringo, CAE, Membership Director).